Followers

Friday, January 23, 2009

Gel pens

OH MY GOSH!!!! I just tried something on my Cricut and IT WORKED!!!!! Something was mentioned earlier about using mini Sharpies in the Cricut instead of the Cricut markers. Well, I remembered having some tiny gel pens that I bought CHEAP in the dollar spot at Target. I wrapped some paper & tape around a pen and tested it. I had to remove a little paper a few times to get it the right size, but IT WORKED!!! Woohoo!!!



Anyway, enough of my excitement! On with the photos!



I just did a simple word - Hello - with DJ Fancy font. The white spot at the top of the "H" is because I didn't prime the pen before using it. My bad! I'm learning and that was just a test! ;o)



Please let me know what you think!



As requested, this is what the pen looked like BEFORE I "papered it up" - LOL I put the tape measure there so you could see approximately how long the pen is. They're very small ones.




Here is a photo of what my pen looked like inside the machine. LOVE THIS!!!

Pin It!

5 comments:

Patty said...

Wow that looks great! Show us a pic of the pen before you put it in the machine. I might have some of those!!!

Lissa Ballard said...

Oh my goodness this is too too cool. I can't wait to try it! Thanks Billie!

JenE said...

wow, great job!! and of course i just bought markers!!!!

Deanna said...

awesome discovery!!!!

cal8007 said...

You are so clever!!! I've thought about doing that too, but with mini marker I got at JoAnne's but my brain wasn't working! Thanks for the tip and now on to look for mini gel pens hahahah
Carmen