Followers

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Mother's Day Card


It's been SO long since I updated my blog that I decided to show you one of the cards I made today. This is a Mother's Day card or I guess it could be a 'just because' card for Mom since it doesn't say anything about Mother's Day...but at this point it's a Mother's Day card.

Pink card blank with the back layer being a grey "Pastel Parchment" paper from Westrim Crafts and the top layer being a light pink from who-knows-what package of cardstock! The bouquet of flowers I cut on the Cricut with SCAL, colored the flowers with Cotton Candy Stickles and used a Butterscotch-dyed Skittle for the center of each flower. The back layer is punched with a Martha Stewart doily punch and the front layer is cut out of a scallop circle on the Cricut with SCAL and cut down to fit the size I wanted. Mom is also cut on the Cricut with SCAL.
I bought a photo storage box at Hobby Lobby the other day, so I'm going to *TRY* to start making some cards to store for future use. I have this Mother's Day card and one 'just because' card in the box with all the little tabs labeled for different occasions. I hope to start to work on my Christmas cards by mid-May. Wish me luck! ;o)
Pin It!

4 comments:

Scrappy said...

There we go! And great job again. I am also thinking about getting a storage box to store cards that i have made. I was watching a video by the pink stamper,she has a ton of boxes filled with cards I would love to get that far that I can have a card for everything!

Heather said...

Beautiful card!!!!

Lissa Ballard said...

What a pretty card!

Heather in FL said...

Very nice...you may have "borrowed" ideas for parts of the card elsewhere, but the flowers and the "mom" you cut make it totally your own. So pretty and I know she'll love it!