Hi Blogger Friends! I’m your next Design Team hostess on Stamping Scrapping Challenge Central. Our challenge is PAPER-PIECING! This can be as simple or as difficult as you want to make it. I chose a simple child card.
For this project, I used:
- Image – Balloon Journey
- Copic Cardstock – Neenah Classic Crest
- Copics – E13, E15, E17. E53, R20
- Spica – Pitch Black, Lipstick
- Pop Dots
- Die Cut – Spellbinders Classic Squares Large
- Patterned Paper and postage stamp – Martha Stewart School Days Multimedia Pack
This was a really simple card to make. Here is what I did:
- stamped just the balloons onto the edge of my polka-dot patterned paper (since a polka-dot bunny wasn’t the effect I was going for – LOL)
- cut out the balloons
- stuck the balloons down with glue dots
- colored my image
- colored the string with Pitch Black Spica
- die cut my shapes, using the Spellbinders
- while my Spellbinders die was still lined up on my image, I took the Lipstick Spica and did faux stitching around the inside of the die.
- stuck it all down using the Friday Sketchers sketch
- added a few pop dots behind the green and brown balloons.
This is a fun card for a child. Birthday? Just Because? Get-Well? The possibilities are endless! I think I need to make more of these…but in pink & purple, of course!! ;o)
Make sure you stop by Stamping Scrapping and grab Balloon Journey TODAY! It’s such a fun one to color! And if this is your first time here, please check out my Balloon Journey Tutorial. NOTE: In the tutorial, I used slightly different colors on the bunny than I did on this project.
We hope you’ll join in on our PAPER-PIECING challenge on Stamping Scrapping Challenge Central. We can not wait to see what amazing projects you all create!!
Until next time…….