Followers

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thank You card


My youngest daughter goes to Kindergarten in August (sniff!). She has never been to daycare and has only stayed with one sitter (twice!), so we took advantage of the opportunity to have her go to Kinder Kamp so she could see what school is all about, socialize with kids her age, etc. This is how the week has gone...
Day 1: My husband went with us. She was frowning before we even got her out of her booster seat. Once we got to the classroom, she clung & cried. Yes, I took pictures! I *have* to scrap her first day!!
Day 2: We went into her classroom, found her name on the table and she sat down. She did have a sad face with a droopy head, but she didn't cry!
Day 3: We went into the classroom, found her name and she wouldn't sit down. She was crying, so the teacher had to sit with her and talk to her so I could get out of the room. I stood outside of the room where she couldn't see me while another mother sweetly gave me the blow-by-blow of what was happening. The teacher hugged her to give her some comfort, which I thought was very sweet.
Day 4: She started off the morning with a bit of an unhappy attitude, but that quickly changed when she got a little breakfast in her. We got to school, went into her classroom, gave me a hug and kiss, she sat down and away I went. No problems, but she wasn't very happy when I picked her up. Apparently "that boy" was arguing with her...but I never could quite figure out exactly what that was all about.
Day 5: That's tomorrow...we'll see! But I'm hopeful that it will be as smooth as this morning!
Note: My kiddo loves Disney Princesses!!! Day 3, I bought a Disney Princess journal while she was in school. I told her if she didn't cry & whine when I dropped her off for school on Thursday and Friday that she'd get the journal...but if she did cry & whine, I would get rid of the journal. Yes, it's bribery! I'll admit it...but it's working!!
SO! I decided to make this card for my daughter's teacher, who has been so patient with her and gave my baby girl hugs when she was sad that I left her! I really hope she gets this teacher for Kindergarten!
I'm also using this card for the Copic Colour and Blogabella challenges. :O)
Here's what I used:
Card blank - Cardstock Online
Sentiment - Inkadinkado, I believe!
Paper - Provo Craft Super Slab 8
Bling - Diamond Stickles
Ribbon & buttons - from my stash
Copics - RV10, BV04, E50, BG10 and Y21
Envelope - pre-made envelope with mini Bella stamped onto it and threading water punch for flap
Thanks for looking and have a wonderful weekend!
Pin It!

6 comments:

Heather in FL said...

Awww...such a cute story. I know her teacher will be touched that you took the time to create such a cute, thoughtful card for her. I hope she gets that teacher next year, too!

Jane Wetzel said...

OH Billie!! what a cute story! Make sure you take many pics...at my daughters college grad party we posted her kdg grad pics..what funny memories! This card is just perfect and I LOVE the Bellas!!

Stacey said...

Just adorable! I love this image and your matching envelope is just the cutest!

Thanks for joining us at the Copic Colour Challenge, hope to see you again soon! ~x~

Adele said...

Arr...thank you for sharing you story with us. As for the card I am sure the teacher will love it. So kind and thoughful!

Gorgeus papers and colours-thank you for playing along with the Copic Colour Challenge.

Dingle.x

Amanda K said...

Love the card!!

I left you a little something on my blog! Go check it out!

Stressed Stamper said...

Great card - Thanks for joining in the Copic Colour Challenge
Sarah