Followers

Friday, January 15, 2010

The Character Cafe – Feature Friday

 

DSC03796 (2)

Just a little sneak peek of the image I used for today’s project.  

 

I had 26 comments from last week’s blog post.  I plugged that into Random.org and it chose WINNER #15…Heather in FL! 

Heather in FL said...Isn't that dob precious? So cute. Great card!

Congratulations, Heather!

 

Today is my “off” week for The Character Cafe, so I get to choose any challenge I want in blogville to participate in.  I’ve chosen to participate in the Cuttlebug Challenge blog.  Their challenge is to create a pocket card, using red as the main color.  This card came together relatively easily.  I think I may be getting back into the groove…?  I sure hope so, because I got a LOT of toys for Christmas that I need to play with!!!

 

DSC03796 (3) Another peek of today’s project.  Yes, I’ll show you the full thing eventually!! 

 

For today’s project, I’ve used “Birdie Love”.  For all of you bird-watchers out there…No….I didn’t color this bird to look like any bird in particular, but if it looks like a bird in this world, well….COOL!  LOL  I just chose some colors and started coloring!

 

DSC03779See?  I told you I’d show you eventually! 

 

Here is an album with more photos, if you care to see anything up-close. 

For this project, I used: 

  • Image – The Character Cafe
  • Copics - YR68, YR65, R27, R24, Y06, Y08, YR02, B24
  • Stampin Up Color Spritzer
  • Patterned Paper – Making Memories Stardust Hearts
  • Embossing – Cuttlebug Heart Blocks
  • Ribbon – from my stash
  • Fragrance – Scent My Cards Pecan Pie

I have no idea why I used Scent My Cards Pecan Pie to scent my card.  I have about 8 of these bottles of smelly-wonderfulness and I liked this one the most at the moment.  I also highly recommend Scent My Cards Strawberry.  OH YUM!!!!

 

I used the Stampin Up Color Spritzer with my B24 Copic marker to lightly spray the background of the pull-out section of my card.  I used the Copic ABS1 (maybe it was ABS2) at my Copic Certification class and it was SO COOL.  But, I already had this…so I decided to use it. 

 

DSC03772 Here is another shot of today’s project.  Yes, I also did a candle.  Don’t know how to make your own candles using stamped images or printed pictures?  Click HERE!  So far I’ve done 6 candles with photos on them, but this is the first one I’ve done with an image to be colored.  It was really easy!  I followed the same steps as what I did on the link above, however I colored it before adding it to the image.  I love the effect and will be doing more of these as time permits. 

 

DSC03777 Here is a shot of just the candle.  Pardon my shadows and poor lighting!  We're having a very nasty, rainy day in Texas so there is no ‘natural light’ to be found!!!  But, we need the rain, so I’m not going to complain!!

 

DSC03800 If you’ve stuck with me this far, this is my final photo.  I know I put a lot of photos in today’s post, but when you’re doing 2 projects that are broken into 3 pieces, ya just gotta!  ;o)

THANK YOU for stopping by today!  If you like what you see or want to see more of something specific, please leave me a comment and let me know! 

 

Please make sure you drop by our other DT members' blogs to see what they have in store for you today! 

 

 

I hope you have a FABULOUS weekend!  I look forward to seeing you back here next week!  I’ll have another project for The Character Cafe AND my very first project for my newest DT – House Mouse and Friends!

 

Billie

Pin It!

8 comments:

CraftyMomOf3 said...

So cute!! Love this!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Hey Billie,

Great job on this love Birdie Love as a Yellow Canary type Bird and great job getting several projects done!!!!

Heather

Fink said...

You rocked as usual my friend! I love doing candles as well! Take very little effort which surprised me. It is a cute card and candle!

Sara said...

Gorgeous as usual Billie! Love the candle!

Rachel said...

Love these Billie!!! you did a wonderful job. love the colors you used and that candle is fabulous!
hugs,
Rachel

Shantaie said...

cute image! fun candle too!

Thanks for joining us for pocket cards this week at cuttlebug challenge blog

Kendra said...

Great projects Billie! I love the bright birdie and it looks sooooo awesome on the candle.. I really should try that sometime (adding to the mile long list LOL)

Lola said...

This really is an awesome project. I never thought of that adorable bird in yellow...looks spring like.