I don’t watch live TV often, but we’ve had a lot of rain the last few days, so I decided to watch our news on Thursday to see what the weather was going to do. During the news program, they mentioned a local Marine who was killed on Tuesday. I don’t know the family, but it really touched me. The man’s wife is pregnant with their first child…a child who will never meet his/her father! That saddened me and caused me to make this card for his wife. I have never made a sympathy card before, so I hope this one is okay.
The front of the card with a shot of the envelope.
A close-up of the sentiment on the front of the card. I used a black gel pen to do little dots around the edges of the sentiment.
Another shot of the front of the card with it opened and standing up.
Final photo – a shot of the inside of the card. I used a Copic marker to add the red around the outer part of the star and then went around the star with diamond stickles. Don’t look at my messy handwriting…EEK!
- Card Base - Cricut Wild Card Cartridge page 59
- Card Envelope – Cricut Wild Card Cartridge Page 59
- Sentiment – Cricut Wild Card Cartridge page 32
- Patterned Paper - The Paper Studio All Seasons Stack
- Bling on inside of card - Diamond Stickles
- Copic – B34 and R29
- Black Gel Pen – detail on sentiment
Thanks for stopping by!