Followers

Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Fallen Texas Marine…

 

I don’t watch live TV often, but we’ve had a lot of rain the last few days, so I decided to watch our news on Thursday to see what the weather was going to do.  During the news program, they mentioned a local Marine who was killed on Tuesday.  I don’t know the family, but it really touched me.  The man’s wife is pregnant with their first child…a child who will never meet his/her father!  That saddened me and caused me to make this card for his wife.  I have never made a sympathy card before, so I hope this one is okay. 

 

DSC02375

 

The front of the card with a shot of the envelope.

DSC02363

A close-up of the sentiment on the front of the card.  I used a black gel pen to do little dots around the edges of the sentiment.

DSC02355

Another shot of the front of the card with it opened and standing up.

DSC02358

Final photo – a shot of the inside of the card.  I used a Copic marker to add the red around the outer part of the star and then went around the star with diamond stickles.  Don’t look at my messy handwriting…EEK! 

 

I used:

  • Card Base - Cricut Wild Card Cartridge page 59
  • Card Envelope – Cricut Wild Card Cartridge Page 59
  • Sentiment – Cricut Wild Card Cartridge page 32
  • Patterned Paper - The Paper Studio All Seasons Stack
  • Bling on inside of card - Diamond Stickles
  • Copic – B34 and R29
  • Black Gel Pen – detail on sentiment

Thanks for stopping by! 

Billie

Pin It!

No comments: