Followers

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Cutting Fabric with Cricut


The Pink Stamper had several challenges today for National Scrapbook Day. The second challenge was to try something that you have in your stash that you haven't tried yet. Since I bought some fabric and t's for my soon-to-be Kindergartener, I decided that was the perfect thing to try! I have heard that cutting fabric with the Cricut is easy. Uh, yeah! LOL!! I iron Wonder Under on the back of the fabric, left the paper intact and placed it on my mat. The first thing I tried was a flower, which didn't go so well. I decided to try something a little easier...a heart! It worked okay, so I ironed it onto my daughter's black t-shirt and did a quick straight-stitch around the edge. I'd have preferred to have it with the nice tight stitch around the edges like some people do, but I'm no seamstress! It's nothing snazzy, but my little one loves it. LOL
Let me know what you think. I would LOVE to hear if you've cut fabric, your trials and errors, things you've done and things you'd change for next time!!!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Scrappy said...

Very cute Billie!! Never cut fabric with the cricut and probably never will. And sewing and me do not go together!lol

Kristy said...

That's cute! I also heard you can use freezer paper and iron on that too! Might be cheaper, not sure?