This is another something I saw & fell in love with at CKC. Emma Lou was the sweetest thing and took the time to show the visitors at her booth how she made her flowers. They’re so gorgeous!
I tried locating her blog and even looked on the Heartfelt Creations blog to see if I could find this card to link it up, but I was unsuccessful, so I’ll show you the photo I took of her card instead. ha!
This is Emma Lou’s card:
I LOVE the Heartfelt Creations designs and would buy ‘em all if I could. Oh how I wish I could win the lottery! I guess I should actually play first before I expect to win, huh? LOL
Okay, onto my card………unfortunately, there is not a tutorial on this one. My brain had a hard time putting this one together today, for some reason? I dunno! It’s not like it was hard or anything! Could be the gray, rainy Texas skies? The lack of sleep I seem to be getting lately? My dog nudging at me every 5 minutes because I’m not paying attention to her? A combination of all of the above? At any rate, if I get feedback asking for it, I’ll put a tutorial together and post here for you all. ;o)
This is the card I made using Emma Lou’s card (above) as my inspiration/starting point:
These are the products I used on this project:
- Heartfelt Creations - Moonlight Dahlia 2
- Heartfelt Creations - Moonlight Dahlia 1
- Heartfelt Creations - Leafy Swirls
- Sentiment – Heartfelt Creations Moonlight Dahlia 1
- Spellbinders – Dahlia Nestabilities (see note below)
- i-rock tool
- i-rock crystal gems
- Copics – G20 and G24 (leaves)
- Vellum (for the flower)
- Stamp Pads -
- Dew Drop Perfect Plumeria Ink (shading on flower)
- Ranger Adirondack Cranberry Ink (for inking the card edges)
- Ranger Memento Tuxedo Black Ink (for stamping)
- On the Spellbinders Dahlia Nestabilities set, I will also be showing you a project using the Blossom 2 set on another project as soon as I can get to it.
- The i-rock gems to not adhere to vellum. Tried & failed, so I stuck it down with a glue dot! ;o)
Here is a close-up view of my card to show the bit of dimension it has. Yep! I cut out the leaves (by hand…no die on this one!) and popped them up slightly with a semi-thick homemade glue dot.
I hope this inspired you to try some new Nestabilities dies and these awesome Heartfelt Creations stamps! Please be sure to come back here and link up to this post if you have this die and create something. I get emails when a new comment is left, so I will see your post. :o)
Be sure to check back soon. I *will* be doing a blog candy!
Thanks for stopping by! Until next time…………….